Guarantee Your Admission
Ensure your admission to one of the top-ranked universities in the country. Our Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program allows eligible students to study at a California community college and have a guarantee of admission to UCR.
Use the UC Transfer Admissions Planner (TAP) to enter your completed and planned coursework from the beginning of your college career to help you track your progress toward meeting UCR’s minimum requirements. The TAP also serves as your TAG application and allows staff to communicate important information to you.
Submit your TAG application September 1-30, 2015 for Fall Quarter 2016. You may only TAG to one UC.
1. Meet the Following Criteria at the Time of Application:
- Complete a minimum of 30 UC-transferable semester units.
- Earn the minimum required GPA for your intended major:
- 3.0 for College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 3.1 plus major preparation for Bourns College of Engineering
- 3.1 plus major preparation for College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- 3.2 plus major preparation is required for Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry and Neuroscience.
- 3.0 plus major preparation for School of Business Administration
- Complete the First English Composition (UC-E) by Fall 2014 and Second English Composition by Spring 2015.
- Non-selecting majors must complete a minimum of one UC-transferable math (UC-M) by Fall 2013.
- You must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or AB540-qualified.
Only students transferring in directly from a California Community College (CCC) are considered for a TAG, including international students (with a visa). The University of California defines a CCC transfer student as one who has completed more than half of their units at a CCC.
2. Complete Your TAG Contract
- You must complete 60 semester (90 quarter) transferable units by the end of spring 2014. Summer course work will not be accepted to meet minimum admission requirements or major preparation.
- You must complete required major preparation for your intended major. See major selection criteria at www.assist.org.
- You must maintain the required GPA for your intended major (see above).
3. Submit a UC Application
Submit your UC application during the November 1-30 filing period and apply for your contracted major and term.
4. Enjoy Guaranteed Admission to UCR!
If you completed the provisions of your TAG contract and submitted a UC application: Welcome to UCR!
Email a UCR admissions counselor or call (951) 827-3411.
Take college courses this summer and see what you think of UCR! Attend our Summer Academy.
Scholarships abound at UCR. Find one that’s perfect for you now.
83% of UCR students receive financial aid. Learn more about how you can pay for college.
Find challenge and support at UCR. Discover UCR honors programs.
TAG Criteria for Fall 2015
TAG is open to all majors. To be eligible for TAG, you must meet the following criteria at the time of TAG application:
- Completed minimum 30 UC transferable semester units.
- Minimum 3.0 UC transferable GPA for all majors in the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, the School of Business Administration, and the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (except Biology and Biochemistry, which require a minimum 3.2).
- Minimum 3.1 UC transferable GPA for all majors in the Bourns College of Engineering.
- First English Composition (UC-E) course must be completed by Fall 2012. Second English Composition must be completed by Spring 2013.
- One transferable Math (UC-M) course must be completed by Fall 2012.
To receive the TAG contract:
- You must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident or AB540 qualified. International students are also eligible to receive a TAG contract.
- You must be enrolled at a California community college. Students with non-California community college coursework and/or foreign coursework may apply for TAG with no more than 60 transferable semester units of combined 4-year and community college coursework, excluding AP/IB units.
- You must submit the TAG online application at https://uctag.universityofcalifornia.edu/ during the appropriate filing period. The TAG application filing period is September 1-30, 2012 for the Fall 2013 quarter.
To guarantee your admission to UCR you must:
1. Complete at least 60 semester (90 quarter) UC transferable units by the end of Spring 2013 with the required GPA for your specific major before transfer.
2. For selecting majors, complete the selection criteria as outlined on www.assist.org. Selecting majors include Business Administration, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Plant Biology, and all majors in the Bourns College of Engineering.
3. Maintain good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher) during your last full-term of attendance before transfer.
4. Submit your UC application online during the filing period, November 2-30, 2012, at http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply.
5. Apply for your contracted major and for your contracted term.